Established in 1974 • Over 120 members strong
• Structured to promote the tourism and economic growth of Forest County and the Crandon area.
• Governed by Board of Directors: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Executive Director, and three members on each council: Retail, Tourism, and Business-Professional-Industrial.
• Full-time office open 5 days a week; located on three major highways.
• Voice mail, email and toll free number for easier access to information by potential visitors, relocations, or businesses interested in the area.
• Excellent working relationship with area Chambers of Commerce, as well as other communities and organizations throughout the area.
• Website showcasing member businesses and the area.
• Developed new format for the Forest County Visitor Guide, with distribution of over 20,000 copies last year.
• Initiated Room Tax to provide much-needed resources for promotion and development of the area.
Benefits of Membership
- Referrals: Business card or brochures displayed in office, included in all pertinent mailings for information requests and your business telephone number and other information relayed to telephone requests.
• Networking with members at meetings held the first Thursday of every other month, and at the various events held throughout the year, including “Business After Five”.
• Opportunity to be on the Board of Directors, or be part of a committee.
• Being part of a group dedicated to helping this area grow and prosper.
• Representation at Sport Shows, Governor’s Conference on Tourism, and Northwoods related meetings.
• Representation on The Northwoods of Wisconsin marketing group.
• Your business information listed (free) on the Chamber’s website.
• Information on cooperative advertising opportunities.
• Newsletter inserts available to members only, for low cost advertisement.
• Participation in the Chamber Bucks program, to keep money local.
• One free mailing list of all Chamber Members, annually.
• Membership plaque, updated yearly.
• New members are presented with membership plaque, noticed and introduced at the next meeting, featured in the Chamber newsletter, and recognized in the local media.
How to Become a Member
- Call us to say you wish to become a member or download and fill out the Membership Application. Mail it with your dues to the address below.
- Dues Schedule: Dues are paid on a yearly basis, and currently range from $130.00 for sole proprietor to $550.00 for large businesses, and $2000.00 for municipal or corporate members.
Phone: (715) 478-3450 or 1-800-334-3387
Mail: Forest County Chamber of Commerce
116 South Lake Avenue
Crandon, WI 54520